Monday, June 29, 2015

GCC0629 - Thanks a lot

It's Monday and the last of the month, so you know that means there is a new challenge posted over at the Outlawz. It's an anything goes challenge this week for being the last Monday of the month.

The Sponsor this week is: Lacy Sunshine and the image I chose is Steampunk Rory. Isn't she just the cutest? I haven't ever worked with anything steampunk so thought I'd give it a try. This card didn't really turn out as I had envisioned in my head. I wanted to use more die cuts but kind of ran out of space. I used a silver ink pad over the gears in the background to make them stand out more. Initially, I wanted to have a layer over the gear piece with the tie (what seems to be a big steampunk item) but I couldn't get it to work as I had intended so I added the tie on the side of the image panel. I even used eyelets. I almost forgot how to set eyelets it's been so long. It's really odd for me to not use patterned papers and only use cardstock. I had two papers set aside but couldn't make them work with the design.


Challenges submitted to:

Supplies:
Papers: Neenah, Hammermill Digital Cardstock, Bazzill, SU basic grey.
Stamps: Lacy Sunshine - Steampunk Rory, Fiskars.
Accessories: Cricut, Paper Lace 2 cartridge, Cuttlebug, Darice ef, eyelets, Making Memories eyelet setter, ribbon, pop dots (two thicknesses).
Inks: Copics, Silver, Memories.
Techniques: digi, cricut, eyelets

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow spam or anonymous comments.