Monday, April 13, 2015

GCC0413 - You make my day bright and April Showers

It's Monday so that means there is another challenge posted over at the Outlawz. Come on and join in on the fun. This week, the theme is Rainbows and/and or rain.

The Sponsor this week is Decosse's Dynamite Doodles and I absolutely loved the paper bundle we had to choose from. I couldn't decide so asked Lisa to provide me with both. I love the rainbow and raindrop papers and the raincoat and rain boots. I had an idea for each as soon as I saw the paper selections. I changed one of the patterned banners after I posted it last night. I kept looking at it and it didn't feel right. I wanted to use red for the rain boots on the chic (and had a scrap just the right size sitting on my desk that was perfect in size) so felt it needed one more pop of red in the card. I used this card for the rainbow card and this card for the raincoat card as my inspiration. 



Challenges submitted to: 

Supplies:
Papers: Neenah, Decosse's Dynamite Doodles (rainbow, raindrops, rain coat, rain boots), The Paper Studio, Mira Mi, Amy Tangerine, SU daffodil, SU blue, SU brilliant blue, Bazzill (red, orange for chic and sun, white for clouds).
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, Cricut, Create a Critter cartridge (chic), Small Talk Tags and Frames (sun), Phrases (clouds), Prima flowers, bling, pop dots, SU label punch.
Stamps: Hero Arts, Studio G.
Techniques: paper piecing (chic), digital papers

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful job Shannon. Both turned out just wonderful. I really like the extra pop of red behind the banner and the sun and clouds add the perfect touches. The chick image you used in the second one is adorable and works so well with the papers. Love the pretty flowers and other emellies you added as well. Thanks for doing my designs such justice.

    ☺ Lisa D.
    Décosse’s Dynamite Doodles – My Personal Blog!
    Co-coordinator for The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up!
    Owner of the Path of Positivity Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow spam or anonymous comments.